Friday, July 30, 2010

Episode 2 - A little trip South

What an awesome family I have. I took a couple of days off and my wife and I drove down ot stay a long weekend with one of my sisters. We also had 4 kids in tow, well, we weren't towning them, they were in the old minivan with us. As an aside, this van used to be my Harley, when we found out we were having our 3rd child, I had a brief fit of sanity and sold the hog for the minivan. I actually considered personalized plates with something like WZMYHAWG or MISSDHOG but the boss overrulled me.

First day of the trip was awesome, we made great time getting here even with the GPS not knowing that one of the highways we were on existed. We had great fun making up words that the GPS might be using to try and figure out where we were. As we would go under a bridge, it would have a brief flash of a route and then freeze up while it tried to figure out how to get to where we wanted to go from this new 'known' spot.

Last night was a huge thunderstorm. The kind that just sort of sits over you and flashes lightning all around and the thunder sounds like bowling balls are being rolled down hardwood steps for an hour or more. As much as I love storms this was a little over the top, even for me.

We went to my brother in law's parents house since they have a pool. We hoped that the day outside swimming will wear them out sufficiently enough to get them to sleep.

I ran a 10 mile run with my sister, I was able to keep up with her. She is the one who has actually run a marathon.

Audio quality is a touch better in this episode. I did break my promise about not recording anything in the car, that just seems to be the only place outside of running where I have the time. I have a mic on order and it should be here in 3-5 days. I hope that it will make a difference, at the very least it will give me some freedom in where I record.

Episode 2

No comments:

Post a Comment